Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle

Twinkle, twinkle, little eye,
Wonder how long until you cry.
You are playing nicely now,
Gnawing on a plastic cow.

I know that this won't last long,
Soon the quiet will be gone.
When you see me go bye-bye,
Twinkle, twinkle, cue the cry.

I can have you fed and changed,
But then you will have head banged.
A time of such peace and calm,
Wrecked because you bit your arm.

Don't you see the toys all 'round?
Today's game of lost and found!
You can jump or bounce or crawl.
There's no need to start to bawl.

What more am I 'sposed to do
To keep you from feeling blue?
You can go from happy to sad,
Faster than I can find your dad.

Come on, man, please clue me in,
For us both it's a win-win.
If not I'll just have to guess,
And those odds are not the best.

Twinkle, twinkle, little eye,
Wonder how long until you cry....
Wonder how long until you cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment