Follow Me on Twitter

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve 12 Twelve

Happy 12/12/12!

If you're not making wishes all day long, then get back into bed because you're wasting the day.

Today's 12/12/12-ness seems especially fortuitous, seeing how it comes 12 days before Christmas Eve and 12 hours after I finished watching Love Actually, which is perhaps the best Christmas movie ever made. My At-A-Glance desk calendar also advises that today is Virgin of Guadalupe day in Mexico, too. Basically, there's no way this day could get any bigger.

12 is actually a pretty propitious number. (Yes, I said propitious.) I mean, think of all the things that come in sets of 12:

  • Donuts
  • Eggs
  • Roses
  • Place settings (if your wedding registry as any say in the matter)
  • Soda
  • Beer
  • Jurors
  • Apostles
  • Disciples
  • Days of Christmas
  • Months
  • Members of a basketball team
  • Tom Brady's jersey number
Bottom line, 12 is basically where it's at, unless you're an unmarried, atheistic, anarchist vegan with flower allergies who doesn't like carbonation or sports. In which case you may not be into numbers at all, and you probably don't read this blog, so there's no earthly reason I'm acknowleding your carve-out.

As I wind my way through this day, I'm going to play a game. I'm only going to allow myself to wish for things I'd like to happen in sets of 12. Some of the wishes that instantly spring to mind that I'd like to package in 12-chunks include:

  • Seconds for the fiscal cliff negotiations to end;
  • Minutes to complete all chores on a weekly basis;
  • Hours of sleep;
  • Days of uninterrupted, idyllic vacation with my family;
  • Years of Breaking Bad;
  • Best-selling books I author;
  • Thousand blog readers;
  • Million dollars;
  • Pounds shed;
  • Miles between my house and my most-distant sister;
  • Combined points to be scored by Falcons opponents through the Super Bowl; and
  • Wishes to come true for every deserving wish-maker on the planet.
This is a fun game. Go ahead and play - in the comments section below, over dinner, or in the nether-regions of your own addled brain.





3 comments:

  1. 12 days to build a house!

    12 more inches of flowing, beautiful, locks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Sarah's and 12 steps to each of your homes
    12 inches of snow

    ReplyDelete